Surveillance Systems Are a Great Idea
American cities have seen crime rising steadily for the past few years. The awareness of this increase has prompted more Pittsburgh home owners to install video surveillance and home security systems on their respective properties. When it comes to the safety of your family and valuable possessions every precaution must be taken.
Facts to Consider
- If your home in Pittsburgh does not have a home security system than it is three times more likely to be burglarized.
- Records show there has been an increase of almost 9.8% of homes being broken into.
- Your residential property is most at risk of being burglarized during the day.
- Burglars pursue mostly unoccupied residential properties.
Do Not Delay
- It is said burglars spend no more than 60 seconds to enter a home. Therefore whether you add a deadbolt lock, or bars on the windows anything you use to make it more difficult for a perpetrator to enter your home will deter their efforts. A burglar is more likely to avoid a home that has an alarm system.
- Did you know that a having a surveillance system can also help keep you safe during a fire? Typically a fire alarm system will be built into a complete surveillance system package. It can include a monitoring system that dials into your telephone reporting a fire or break in to a security representative who can then contact your local law enforcement.
- With today’s technology you can easily control the security of your home remotely from the palm of your hand. By adding a video surveillance system you can actually see various rooms in your home. This comes in handy when you have teens who are home alone after school or if you want to ensure the babysitter is treating your baby or toddler well. In addition, you can have email or text alerts sent to you.
As you see, there are many security options available. Stop thinking it about and take action today to secure your family and valuable assets.